Creating User Accounts
To administrate user accounts you need to click on Users
in the System
menu on the left.
The Users interface will allow you to create accounts for the following purposes:
- Gateway – For unit to unit authentication, such as acceleration tunnels.
- PACC – Portable acceleration clients (one account per connection is needed).
- System Administrator – For administrating a WANO unit via the web interface.
It is recommended you create a specific Gateway
account for your acceleration tunnel on the “server” WANO unit (traditionally the unit located at your company’s headquarters)
Once you know the type of user account you need, click on the New button, from here you will need to enter:
- User Name – Your desired username.
- Password – A secure password.
- Description – A helpful description of the account purpose.
- User Type – Select Gateway, PACC, System Administrator or Guest depending on account function.
After entering the details click OK and your new user account is ready to use.