WAN optimisation is a complex and technical subject and Sangfor has developed a range of proven technologies to support it. These all work together and are designed to make the WAN far more efficient, with improved traffic flows, reduced congestion and faster transmission. The result is a network that performs much better, is secure and robust, delivering ‘LAN-like’ processing to all its users.
The various technologies will:
- eliminate excessive levels of messages and acknowledgements that add to network overhead and slow WAN performance for no positive benefit
- prevent data being needlessly transmitted repeatedly over the WAN by identifying and eliminating redundant content
- overcome the failings of protocols, which were often designed for LANs rather than WANs, by applying application proxies to improve their performance
- monitor and control bandwidth to prevent bottlenecks, ensuring that all jobs are correctly prioritised and receive the necessary level of resources.
By providing a unified set of technologies, Sangfor achieves the best possible WAN performance and avoids the need for costly and disruptive upgrades.
Additional benefits are also available:
- VPN. A built-in VPN module that provides high value-added, fast VPN solutions. Also included is a built-in professional IPSec VPN module to enable the establishment of a VPN tunnel between headquarters and the branches as well as mobiles users. Features include:
- AES 128 bits encryption algorithm
- expansion of other encryption algorithms
- support for third-party hardware encryption card
- MD5, SHA-1, DH algorithms to ensure data completeness
- connection with third-party VPN which is consistent with international standards VPN
- connection of main mode and wild mode.
- Firewall. A built-in enterprise-level firewall that has the following features:
- based on status detection
- packet filtering, URL filtering, access monitoring, etc.
- DHCP service
- real-time Intrusion Prevention
- ActiveX, Java attack resistance
- external and internal DOS attack resistance
- synflood, icmpflood, fragmentation attacks resistance.